Difference between revisions of "CS Training"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
* , with different domains having a different number of .
* Each is designed to be around BLANK many hours of work (depending on your background and how quickly you pick it up).
* Each assumes completion of the previously .
Revision as of 19:51, 15 November 2021
- Lettered, with different domains having a different number of parts.
- Each "part" is designed to be around BLANK many hours of work (depending on your background and how quickly you pick it up).
- Each part assumes completion of the previously parts (most parts build on previous parts).
- Python programming
- Part A - first 4 chapters of Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (basics, conditionals, loops, functions, lists) at a level covered in CS 101 Fundamentals of Computing
- Part B - chapters 5, 6, 9, (dictionaries, tuples, strings, files) and selections of others at a level covered in CS 151 Introduction to Computer Science
- Part C - object-oriented program and additional topics at a level covered in CS 201 Programming Structures
- C programming
- Parts A, B, C - comparable to the corresponding parts for python programming
- Data structures
- Part A - algorithms basics, arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues
- Part B - binary search tree, heap, hash table
- Part A - searching and sorting
- Part B - graphs, breadth-first / depth-first search, shortest path
- Levels TBD
- Levels TBD
- A package that adds up to CS 500, and similarly for CS 501, 151, 201, 202
- Borrow heavily from materials, readings, videos from the courses we are running.
- As much as possible use existing resources. The value of the training is in providing the framework, evaluation, and a guide.
- Auto-graded quizes, quiz questions regularly updated/changed.
- Auto-graded program output, programs regularly updated/changed.
- Final interview.
What is Included in the Price
- Access to training materials, training assignments/quizzes, auto-graded quizzes, auto-graded program output.
- BLANK many chances at the final interview (required for officially completing/passing the training).
- For US residents only - help/assistance using Microsoft Teams.
- Fee per training level is BLANK.
- One Microsoft Team for content and communication.
- Separate Microsoft Team for help/assistance (US residents only).
- Auto-graded quiz questions hosted securely off of the CS server.
- Registration/payment from a system used by Community Engagement / ...
Admission to MS in Computer Science
- Persons who complete the appropriate levels of training should be able to pass the department's admissions interview for the MS in computer science. This is not a guarantee, but these levels are specifically designed to prepare to pass the admissions interview.
- Those who complete the appropriate package can use their completion of the training program to apply for Prior Learning Assessment for the given course.
- This is for enrolled students, students are charged 25% of the tuition of the course for an evaluation, and the evaluation can include an additional "challenge exam". The challenge exam would be selections from the final interview from the training levels that were completed by the student.
- More details on the process are at https://www.indstate.edu/services/testing/departmental-examsassessment-prior-learning