- Python programming
- C programming
- Data structures
- Numbered, with different domains having a different number of levels.
- Each level is designed to be around BLANK many hours of work (depending on your background and how quickly you pick it up).
- Each level assumes completion of the previously numbered level.
- A package that adds up to CS 500, and similarly for CS 501, 151, 201, 202
- Borrow heavily from materials, readings, videos from the courses we are running.
- As much as possible use existing resources. The value of the training is in providing the framework, evaluation, and a guide.
- Auto-graded quizes.
- Auto-graded program output.
- Final interview.
What is Included
- Access to training materials, training assignments/quizzes, auto-graded quizzes and program output.
- BLANK many chances at the final interview (required for officially completing/passing the training).
- For US residents only - help/assistance using Microsoft Teams.
- Fee per training level is BLANK.
- One Microsoft Team for content and communication.
- Separate Microsoft Team for help/assistance (US residents only).
- Auto-graded quiz questions hosted securely off of the CS server.
- Registration/payment from a system used by Community Engagement / ...
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Skills-oriented - able to do a specific thing / solve a specific kind of problem
- Problem of the day/week - some public, separate ones used for certifying
- Evaluation - auto-checked problems of the day/week, final interview
- Solution submission - results of running program, just put into a form; their source code, which won't need to be checked unless to verify
Skills combine and vocab+, to give "", "" combine to give course credit! What is "" called?
Skills, achievements, levels, roles, certification.
- play computer (arithmetic, strings, functions, lists, loops, nested loops)
- run the data structure (array [sorted / unsorted], linked list [singly / doubly linked], binary tree [non-balancing, AVL/red-black], hash table [buckets / probing], heap)
- Python Programming - basic, intermediate
- Linux Use - basic, intermediate
- Discrete Mathematics - basic, intermediate
- Data Structures - basic, intermediate
- Algorithms - basic, intermediate
Sources of info...
- Curated from publicly available sources, put into an outline to meet the goals
- Khan Academy CSP
- Docker image with everything needed, all runs on their system