This page highlights the funding that GA's in the department receive. The College of Graduate and Professional Studies issues guidelines for the funding amounts for stipends and tuition waivers. These policies are kept (as of 2019) at https://www.indstate.edu/gradassistantship
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the amounts awarded for department GAs are as follows.
- Full GA position - tuition waiver of 9 credits/term + stipend of $4,410/term, for fall and spring terms
- Full waiver only - tuition waiver of 9 credits/term, for fall and spring terms
- Half GA position or half waiver only - half of the above amounts
Graduate tuition rates for 2019-2020 at ISU are
- In-state residents - $420 / credit hour
- Out-of state residents - $825 / credit hour
Note that waiver and GA positions require students to pay $59 / credit hour, which mean the fee waiver awards have the following values.
- Full year tuition waiver, in-state - $361 * 18 = $6,598 / year
- Full year tuition waiver, out-of-state - $766 * 18 = $13,788 / year
- Half year tuition waiver - half of the above amounts