The goal of the computer science fall project contest is to showcase the types of work that ISU CS students work on. We thank all who submit a project. This is great experience for you and helps the department show off your work to the outside world.
Awards may be given for the following categories: 100 level coursework, 200 level coursework, 3/4/500 level coursework, 600 level coursework, games, data science, algorithms, teaching. And if deemed appropriate we may declare a "best" project in some other category as well.
Format and Submission
Each submission should be a one page slide (pdf preferred, exported/saved from powerpoint, google slides, etc.). The slide should contain the following information.
- Project name
- Category - if done as part of a course, indicate which course, and if not then you could put "personal project" or something along those lines.
- Link to sourcecode - on github, gitlab.indstate.edu, gitlab.com, or somewhere you have posted the code that is publicly accessible.
- Goal - what problem is trying to be solved / what is the purpose of the project.
- Description - a few bullet points or sentences describing the project.
- Graphic - some screenshot, chart, or some kind of figure related to the project. Include a caption if the figure is not self explanatory.
You can check sample submissions to see good examples of the above (thanks to Zach Noble for providing these).
- Multiple submissions - you may submit as many different submissions as you like.
- Posting of projects - by submitting you agree to have your submission posted on the department website/wiki. You can opt-out by asking to not have your submission posted, though this might impact your ability to be declared a winner.
- Winners will be declared based on feedback from CS faculty and/or graduate assistants. Judging will be based on some combination of the following: functionality of the program, how interesting is the idea, how tricky or complicated is the problem, how elegant is the solution, how well-organized/documented is the code.
- Winners will be declared in some subset/superset of the categories mentioned at the top of this page. Honorable mentions might also be declared.